Great products begin with great people. Heliocol employs highly-respected professionals from a wide variety of industries including engineering, sales, marketing and manufacturing. Our employees work as a collaborative group, using their collective knowledge to produce the best solar pool heating systems at the best price.
Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Robert Zrallack, known to most as “Bob. Z.”, began working in the solar industry in 1979, doing in-home sales and outside service work. A Florida state certified solar contractor since 1987, Bob is the founder of multiple solar contracting companies, Solar Energy Systems of Brevard and Fort Pierce, Florida.
Bob’s many achievements, titles, degrees and certifications include:
- Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of UMA Solar.
- BSEE degree in Electronic Engineering.
- Board of Directors of the Florida Solar Energy Industries Association (FLASEIA).
- Board of Director of Florida Solar Energy Research and Educational Foundation. (FLASEREF).
- (SME) Subject Matter Expert for Professional Testing Institute (to develop questions for the Florida state certified solar contractor exam).
- (SME) Subject Matter Expert for North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) (to develop questions for the National solar contractor exam).
- Banner Center Advisory Board Member.
- Appointed by governor to serve on the Florida Construction Licensing Industry Task Force.
- Member of the Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council Energy Task Force.
- Instructor at the Florida Solar Energy Center.
- Contributing editor for the Solar Water and Pool Heating design and installation manual (Document FSEC-IN-24).
- Founder of multiple solar contracting companies, Solar Energy Systems of Brevard and Fort Pierce, Florida.
- State Certified Solar Contractor since 1987.